Become a Featured Athlete!
Inspire others with your journey and get some great swag!
Applications for the My First Century Featured Athletes Program is now Closed. We urge you to still sign up as a participant! You'll get a free month of training. If you sign up for one of our featured centuries, you'll get three more months of free training. We want you to succeed! Also, if you have an amazing, inspiring or crazy story as a result of training for My First Century, submit it to us at editor@VeloPro.bike If it is a great story, we'll publish it as a guest blog and promote on our social networks. We accept written blogs, videos and photos.
We're looking for 5-8 athletes who'd like to inspire others by sharing their stories as they train for MFC. We'll follow you from your first training pedal through the century finishing line. If you need extra motivation and support, this could be perfect for you. To participate you need to be willing to join Team MFC, submit occasional blogs, pictures and video blog updates. As compensation we're offering a ton a great stuff for your journey:
- Free VeloPro Dynamic Training Plans
- Monthly team conference calls with Coach Kadir
- Free entry into the Mohawk Valley Metric Century, Strawberry Century and Swift Summit 200/100.
- Coach Kadir will ride along with the team in the final events! No one left behind!
- Free Hydration and Recovery Support products from OSMO.
- Free Personal Care Kit from Chamois Butt’r.
- Free VeloPro Jersey from Hincapie.
- 2-3 group training rides (virtual or outside in Oregon).
- Free team social tool for chatting and training updates.
- Discounts from sponsors for gear and clothing.
- Local Bike Shop “Quick Fit” with a 10-20% discount on bikes and cycling products sold during the check up.
To apply for team MFC and to be a featured athlete:
Send an email with the following information to editor@VeloPro.bike by January 6th, 2019.
- Your name and age.
- Your city/town and country.
- The distance of your longest ride to date.
- Brief bio.
- Your picture.
- Answer the question, "Why do you want to ride a century?"
- Answer the question, "What is your motivation?"
We'll announce the featured athletes on January 10th, 2019.